Sex Offender Registration Verification
In order to combat sex offender registration violations, the El Mirage Police Department has initiated the Sex Offender Registration Verification (SORV) Program that will have officers contact identified sex offenders in our community at various, pre-determined times during the year to verify addresses, employment status, and other relevant information.
Arizona Revised Statutes require each sex offender convicted in the state of Arizona to participate in a required risk assessment conducted by criminal justice practitioners and be assigned and then registered with one of the following levels:
- Level 1 (Low Risk) offenders - No Community Notification
- Level 2 (Intermediate Risk) offenders - Community Notification
- Level 3 (High Risk) offenders - Community Notification
- Level 1 offenders will be contacted once per year
- Level 2 offenders will be contacted biannually
- Level 3 offenders will be contacted quarterly
To view Level 2, and Level 3 offender notifications, follow this link.
Note: Several previously registered El Mirage offenders are also listed in the Arizona Department of Public Safety's Sex Offender Information website. To search the Arizona Department of Public Safety's database of registered sex offenders in El Mirage and other parts of Arizona, please follow this link.