For the week of June 14th - June 20th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road. Intermittent closures of driveways and side streets may be encountered. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Grand Avenue, Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. A map of the detour can be found by clicking here. This project is anticipated to be completed by June 30th.
- The access roadway that connects the Frontage Road and Grand Avenue in front of Coury's Plaza is closed. Vehicles will be detoured to either Greenway Road or Thunderbird Road. A map of the detour can be found by clicking here.
- The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. These roadways may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross the road.
- The right northbound lane of Dysart Road is closed on both sides of Northern Avenue until February 2020.
- The City will be installing new and replacing existing sidewalk ramps in the residential areas north and south of Thunderbird Road through mid-June. The areas within the work zones during this time will experience shoulder work, sidewalks will be closed and there will be no parking allowed. The affected intersections can be found by clicking here.
- The northbound right lane, bike lane and sidewalk on the east side of Thompson Ranch Road between Grand Avenue and Thompson Ranch Elementary School will be closed until the end of June for construction of the Grand Village subdivision.
- Left turns at the Cactus Road and 127th Avenue intersection will be prohibited on Friday, June 14th. Vehicles shall use 126th Avenue or 129th Avenue as a detour.
- Lane restrictions along Dysart Road between Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road will be in affect starting Friday, June 21st and running through Wednesday, July 3rd to allow for the milling and overlay of the surface course of the pavement. Traffic will be shifted between the inside and outside lanes during the construction.
- The City of Surprise is reconstructing Peoria Avenue west of Dysart Road from Friday, June 14th through Tuesday, June 25th which will require lane restrictions that extend into the City of El Mirage. The east leg of the intersection will only allow for one lane in each direction and east and west left turns will be prohibited at times.
- Peoria Avenue, between Dysart Road and El Mirage Road, will be crack sealed on Friday, June 14th. The road will not be closed but expect slow moving vehicles through this area during the work. On Friday, June 28th, this same stretch will be closed to allow for the placement of a seal coat. A detour will be put into place via Olive Avenue and Varney Road.
- Under a separate project, the City will also be reconstructing a portion of Peoria Avenue between 125th Avenue and El Mirage Road to alleviate flooding. This will require a full closure between these two streets starting Monday, June 24th.
- Peoria Avenue is anticipated to be opened to traffic on the evening of Saturday, June 29th.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm