For the week of August 23rd - August 29th:
- Northern Parkway - The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures and lane restrictions along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. These roadways may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross the road.
- The right northbound lane of Dysart Road is closed on both sides of Northern Avenue until February 2020.
- The northbound lane on El Mirage Road, south of Northern Avenue will be closed until December 2019. Traffic will be shifted west of the lane closure to allow access along El Mirage Road.
- Dysart Road & Thunderbird Road - The right southbound lane of Dysart Road north and south of Thunderbird Road will be closed until mid-October in order to install a deceleration lane for an industrial site within the City of Surprise. The eastbound right turn lane on Waddell Road, west of the intersection, will also be closed during this time.
- Butler Drive - Butler Drive between El Mirage Road and 125th Avenue is closed due to a water main break. All vehicles will be detoured to Butler Drive via Alice Avenue and 125th Avenue. Businesses on Butler Drive, east of 125th Avenue, will still be able to reach their property via the detour. The road will be re-opened once the area is re-paved on Friday, August 30th.
- Dysart Road Potholing - The potholing of utilities will be taking place along Dysart Road between Northern Parkway and Saguaro Drive from Monday, August 26th through Friday, September 6th. Flasher trucks will be used along the right lanes in both the northbound and southbound directions.
- Speed Camera Removal - The removal process for the various speed cameras located around the City will continue through the end of August. Lane restrictions may be encountered at Dysart Road near Varney Road.
- Olive Avenue & 121st Avenue - Offsite roadway and water main installation will start along Olive Avenue and 121st Avenue, adjacent to the Pro Petroleum property, on Monday, August 26th and continue through the end of October. The right westbound lane may be restricted at times.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm