For the week of October 4th - October 10th:
- US 60 (Grand Avenue) Closed from Dysart Road to Loop 303 for Pavement Preservation - US 60 (Grand Avenue) will be closed in both directions between Dysart Road and Loop 303 from 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 5th, until 4 p.m. on Sunday, October 6th, as the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) performs pavement preservation work.
- RH Johnson Boulevard, Reems Road and Dysart Road will be open for cross traffic at Grand Avenue. Closures will be in place for other local roads and detours will be in place. Detour routes during the Grand Avenue closure will include Loop 303, Bell Road and El Mirage Road. For more information, please visit the ADOT pavement preservation project webpage, call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855-712-8530 or send them a question or comment by email.
- Northern Parkway - The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures and lane restrictions along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. These roadways may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross the road.
- The right northbound lane of Dysart Road is closed on both sides of Northern Avenue until February 2020.
- Northern Avenue in the eastbound direction will be reduced to one lane near the Dysart Road intersection through the end of January 2020.
- On Saturday, October 5th, El Mirage Road south of Northern Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. to shift traffic on to the new concrete pavement. Vehicles will be detoured to Northern Avenue and Glendale Avenue via Dysart Road. The road will be re-opened by 5 p.m., but the shift will remain until March 2020.
- On Friday, October 18th, at 9 p.m., Northern Avenue will be closed from Litchfield Road to El Mirage Road, as well as the intersection of Northern Avenue and Dysart Road. Vehicles will be detoured via Olive Avenue, El Mirage Road, Glendale Avenue and Litchfield Road. The road will be re-opened by 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 20th. Access to businesses within the closure areas will be maintained.
- Olive Avenue & 121st Avenue - Offsite roadway and water main installation has started along Olive Avenue and 121st Avenue, adjacent to the Pro Petroleum property, and will continue through the end of October. The right westbound lane may be restricted at times.
- Dysart Road & Thunderbird Road - The right southbound lane of Dysart Road, north and south of Thunderbird Road will be closed until November in order to install a deceleration lane for an industrial site within the City of Surprise. The eastbound right turn lane on Waddell Road, west of the intersection will also be closed during this time.
- Cactus Road & El Mirage Road - Between Monday, September 30th and Friday, October 4th, APS will be updating their equipment along El Mirage Road and Cactus Road. The right southbound lane and adjacent sidewalk will be closed on El Mirage Road between Moreno Boulevard and Cactus Road. There will also be shoulder work and the sidewalk will be closed along the north side of Cactus Road, just west of the intersection with El Mirage Road.
- Dysart High School Homecoming Parade - On Friday, October 4th at 7:00 a.m., the right westbound lane and bicycle lane on Varney Road from the Dysart High School (DHS) entrance driveway to Dysart Road, as well as the right northbound lane and bicycle lane on Dysart Road from Varney Road to the north DHS entrance roadway will be closed for a parade. These lanes should be re-opened by 9:00 a.m.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Thursday
7:00am - 5:30pm