For the week of March 21st - March 28th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road. Intermittent closures of driveways and side streets may be encountered. This set up will remain until April 2019. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. This project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. Northern Avenue may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place near the El Mirage Road intersection to allow construction traffic to cross Northern Avenue.
- Upcoming night time closures from 9 pm to 5 am are scheduled for the following locations:
- Northern Avenue east of Dysart Road - March 20th to March 21st
- El Mirage Road south of Northern Avenue - March 25th to March 28th
- The City will be replacing a sanitary sewer main along Sahuaro Drive in the Dysart Ranchettes. A portion of Sahuaro Drive between Dysart Road and 127th Avenue and the intersection of Sahuaro Drive and 129th Avenue will be closed from Tuesday, March 19th through Friday, March 22nd. A portion of Sahuaro Drive between Dysart Road and 129th Avenue will be closed from Saturday, March 23rd through Friday, March 29th.
- The City will be installing new and replacing existing sidewalk ramps in the residential areas north and south of Thunderbird Road through the end of May. The areas within the work zones during this time will experience shoulder work, sidewalks will be closed and there will be no parking allowed. The affected intersections can be found by clicking here.
- From Thursday, March 21st through Monday, March 25th, the northbound lanes on Thompson Ranch Road, just north of Grand Avenue, will be closed in order to install a new sanitary sewer main for the Grand Village subdivision. A detour to Greenway Road via Grand Avenue will be provided.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm