For the week of January 18th - January 24th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road. Intermittent closures of driveways and side streets may be encountered. This set up will remain until April 2019. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will continue through the end of January. As this project nears completion, a number of closures and restrictions will be required. Below is a list of the restrictions and anticipated dates:
- Tuesday, January 15th to Saturday, January 19th - Dysart Road between Olive Avenue and Peoria Avenue will be closed from 7pm to 5am. Vehicles will be detoured to Litchfield Road or El Mirage Road.
- Monday, January 21st - Dysart Road between Olive Avenue and Peoria Avenue will be closed from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Vehicles will be detoured to Litchfield Road or El Mirage Road.
- Tuesday, January 22nd to Friday, January 25th - Northbound traffic on Dysart Road between Varney Road and Laurel Lane will not be allowed. Vehicles will be detoured to Litchfield Road and El Mirage Road at Peoria Avenue or to 132nd Avenue at Varney Road.
- Monday, January 28th - Access to/from Dysart Road at Desert Cove Road will be closed.
- Tuesday, January 29th - Access to/from Dysart Road at Varney Road will be closed.
- Wednesday, January 30th - Access to/from Dysart Road at Wolfley Drive will be closed.
- Monday, January 28th to Wednesday, February 6th - The east northbound lane of Dysart Road will be closed from south of Peoria Avenue to north of Varney Road.
- The construction of Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue started on Thursday, January 10th. Shoulder closures along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. Northern Avenue may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times.
- Business access will be maintained throughout the construction process. Please obey traffic control signs and watch for lane restrictions. In addition, give yourself extra time to get where you are going as there may be traffic delays. We appreciate your patience during construction.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm