For the week of November 16th - November 22nd:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Santa Fe Lane. This set up will remain through mid-December. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This full project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will continue through the middle of January. Both northbound and southbound vehicles have been shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Peoria Avenue and Wolfley Drive. Left turns on to Peoria Avenue from Dysart Road will not be allowed. Vehicles will be detoured to Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- Access from Dysart Road to both Sahuaro Drive and Desert Cove Road will be closed starting November 12th and will continue through December 3rd. Drivers that wish to reach either street will have to access from 129th Avenue.
- Starting Wednesday, November 28th, access to Peoria Avenue, east of Dysart Road, will be closed through Tuesday, December 11th. Vehicles will be detoured via Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- The City will be installing crosswalk warning lights at the HAWK Crossings located at the intersection of Cactus Road and 127th Avenue on Saturday and Sunday, November 17th & 18th. Lane restrictions will be in place during both days. Please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the City, will be installing fiber optic cable starting Sunday, November 18th through Tuesday, November 27th, excluding holidays. Vehicle and bike lane restrictions on the east side of El Mirage Road (between Olive Avenue and Thunderbird Road) and the south side of Thunderbird Road (between El Mirage Road and Grand Avenue) will occur during these days.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm