Curbside Bulk Trash Pickup
Spring Bulk Trash Event - March 2020
Here are some important event details:
1. Appointment based – limited availability (50 per day for 4 weeks, Monday through Thursday)2. $10 program fee will be assessed through El Mirage Customer Service department on the water bill in the month following the event.3. Appointment scheduling begins February 1. Appointment scheduling will be completed via City of El Mirage website (link will be available February 1st).4. Pickups begin in March 2020.
Please call 623-876-4250 with any program questions.
Appliances not containing Freon (stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters, water softeners, microwaves, televisions), Barbecue grills, Bicycles, Cacti (placed in small cardboard boxes), Carpet/Shelves, Exercise machines, Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, etc.) Lawn mowers, Mattresses, Bed frames, Box springs, Palm fronds, Small household items (boxed or bagged), Small yard debris (grass, palm tree skins, bark, twigs, etc. - boxed or bagged)
Auto parts (tires, motors), Construction/Demolition Debris (roofing shingles, plaster, drywall, etc.), Glass (doors, windows, mirrors), Inert materials (rocks, bricks, pavers, dirt, block, concrete, tile, asphalt, etc.), Hazardous waste, Explosives (motor oil, paint, paint thinner, cleaners, gasoline, batteries, appliances containing refrigerants, such as freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners), Household trash, Medical or animal waste
Guidelines for Curbside Bulk Trash Pickup
Please follow these guidelines in preparing for your bulky item collection:
- Place bulk trash at the front of your property near the sidewalk (or curb if no sidewalk exists). Do not place items in alleyways.
- Stack items neatly, parallel to the street or on the sidewalk,
- Bulk trash must be at least 5 feet from any other object that could be damaged during the collection.
- Do not place on or within 5 feet of water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls, fencing, sprinklers, ornamental borders, grass landscaping, or other fixed objects. It is your responsibility to maintain landscaping if disturbed by equipment or crews.
- Do not park any vehicle within 10 feet of bulk trash piles.
- Do not pile bulk trash more than 4 feet high.
- No object placed out for collection shall exceed 4 feet in length, except bulky items (e.g. couch).
- Cut tree limbs into 4-foot segments and neatly stack so all point in the same direction.
- Bag and tie all leaves, grass and smaller yard clippings. It must be bagged or boxed and securely contained to be collected.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 8 inches in diameter.
- Place cacti in small, sturdy cardboard boxes. Boxes should be 2' x 2' x 2' or smaller. These boxes will not be returned.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 4 feet square.
- Collection crews are responsible for the removal of large debris only. The equipment used often leaves behind small debris, which is your responsibility to clean up (please sweep or rake after collection, if necessary).