The El Mirage City Court is responsible for the expedient adjudication of Criminal Misdemeanors, Criminal and Civil Traffic violations, El Mirage City Code violations, Injunctions Prohibiting Harassment and Orders of Protection that occur within the City Limits.
To serve the community by providing a dignified and professional forum for the efficient resolution of cases within the City jurisdiction
Notice of Possible Conflict
While your case is proceeding through the court system, please observe the following standards:
- No weapons are permitted in the El Mirage Courthouse.
- Sit quietly in the courtroom whenever court is in session. The proceedings are being taped and background noise may interfere with the quality of the taped record.
- Reading newspapers in the courtroom is not allowed.
- When addressing the Hearing Officer or Judge, stand in front of podium which is a few feet from the bench. Do not lean on the bench.
- No food, drink or gum chewing is allowed in the courtroom.
- Smoking is prohibited by law in all areas of government buildings. When you are free to leave the courtroom, you will find smoking areas available outside the court building.
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so that they remain quiet at all times. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- Please wear suitable clothing to court. It is inappropriate to enter the court unless you are properly clothed, including a shirt and shoes. T-shirts that carry offensive slogans or pictures are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering a courtroom.
- Under some circumstances, a defendant may be booked into jail immediately after a court appearance. In such cases, provision should be made in advance for care of children.
- All cell phones, pagers and personal alarms should be turned off prior to entrance into the courtroom.
All persons entering the court are to be dressed appropriately. Halter/midriff tops, t-shirts with vulgar or obscene illustrations, excessively baggy pants, and/or soiled or torn clothing, and flip-flops are inappropriate.
Every person shall also obey the court rules and shall conduct himself or herself in a respectful and courteous manner. The bailiff shall remove any person in violation of the dress code or being disruptive in court.
For security purposes, all electronic devices, including cell phones, pagers, MP3 players, PDAs, cameras, and laptops, are not allowed to be used in the courtroom. Please leave these devices at home or secure them in your vehicle. If you do bring an electronic device into the courtroom, please make sure that it is silenced or it may be confiscated.